This information HAS errors and is made available WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND and without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. It is not permissible to be read by anyone who has ever met a lawyer or attorney. Use is confined to Engineers with more than 370 course hours of engineering.
Espresso machine links
- 161 Atwater St, Plantsville, CT 06479
- (860) 276-9270
A lot of the threads are 1/4 BSPP
Maintainence videos Olympia Maximatic/coffex
Loctite Food Grade Antiseize compound
Pipes and fittings
- Pipes tend to be metric - measure OD
- Uses compresson fittings BSPP
- Fittings should be BSPP and not taper
With a new fluid-o-tech one w/o bypass - with the flow restricting
nozzle (single hole disc) and empty portafilter (two outlets):
- approx. 460g/min.
- remeasured 3 times, approx. 540 g/min
Remember Double shot = 60ml 20 seconds is too short, 30+ seconds is too long so you really need 180ml/min at pressure.
Olympia Maximatic threads
Olympia 49mm Head sizes
Olympia lists their group head gasket as 48 X 58 X 7
- OD 58mm
- ID 50mm or 48.5
- height 7mm or 6.8mm
- Tapper-ed edge width 3mm Starts at 5.5mm height
Grinder Mazzer Luigi MINI TIMER COFFEE GRINDER
- Nut that holds burr carrier on is 13mm
- Use 3 M4x40 machine screws in the burr carrier holes - finger
tight then 1/2 turn each - round robbin to remove lower carrier. Gentle
-if stuck get gear puller. One could tapper the end of the screw and
grind a smooth and flat end to the screw - touch of grease..
- There is a shear-pin that meshes with the bottom burr carrier -
so they need to be aligned when re-assembling. A ink mark on the
carrier and a second on the top of the shaft can help with alignment.